• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5500 ink or carts - do they print after expired?

vladio

I'm thinking of buying a refurb hp 5500 and wondered if they will print with expired heads or ink. I've read that some printers won't.

Thank you.

vladio

Thank you for the reply! I've been an encad/kodak user for 14 years and am ready to jump ship. My 850 prints really well and works great for my business but, since they're no longer making the hi fi inks, I need a new printer.

ProWraps

im sure it depends on how far out they are.

experimentation will tell. nothing we say will be able to absolutely tell you until you try.

vladio

Have you/anyone used expired uv inks and, if so, any problems? I've used inks for my encad that were as old as 6 years - although they were dye - and didn't have any issues.

signworxonline

I have used the dye inks in the 5500 well past expiration before and they usually worked fine. Give em a good shake, and make sure the heads are thoroughly cleaned and it should be good to go.