• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 5500ps 5106 reseat error on new carts

vladio

I'm entering new waters here today. After 12 years of Encad/kodak use, I bought a used hp5500ps. Supplies were getting hard to find for the old Encad. It's a great machine that fits my biz well. I don't need super fast speeds and am solely an indoor graphics printer so there wasn't much need to change but I need ink. Lol

I assembled the 5500ps uv today and installed hp ink and printheads. The magenta cart keeps kicking out a 5106 reseat error. I have the service manual and ran through all their suggestions but nothing works. As I bought the printheads off an individual on eBay I'm a little nervous about this fix. I've read some post that they had to replace all the printhead when this happens.

If you've run into this and don't mind, I'd like to hear how you've overcome this issue.

Thank you in advance,
Joe

-I did do a search and read through the results.

vladio

I removed all the carts, rebooted and installed only the magenta and still got the same error message. I'm thinking the cart's bad.

vladio

I just received a new magenta cart from Lexjet. I put it in the printer and it recognized it with no problems. It's currently calibrating. Thank you!

Billct2

Glad the problems fixed.
For future reference you should try cleaning the contacts where the printhead seats. There is a tool and cleaning pad for this in the maintenance kit.
There is also oil and a tool with rad to clean and lube the rails.
Good luck

vladio

Glad the problems fixed.
For future reference you should try cleaning the contacts where the printhead seats. There is a tool and cleaning pad for this in the maintenance kit.
There is also oil and a tool with rad to clean and lube the rails.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply. I did clean the contacts and everything a few times. This happened on a Saturday so I had plenty of time to try everything to get it to work. I guess it was just a defective print head.