• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5500ps UV issues. Pic...

visualeyez

So the printer was giving some printhead path (2?) errors so I decided to clean around the belt and encoder strip. Now I am getting a double print where the bi-directional printhead paths are not lining up. Any ideas?

Attachments

• printerror.jpg
    printerror.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 68

bois323

I had the same issue. Look inside the printer, if you see what looks like eraser shavings then you need a new drive belt.

A new drive belt solved my problem. I changed it myself, it is fairly easy. You can either purchase the drive belt by itself (around $50) or get the kit ($129.99).

I got the kit which included all the tools and the instruction to change.

bois323

LPS Computer. I had really good service with them. Anf if you buy the kit you get free phone support (I didn't need it as everything went smoothly but it is good to have).

http://www.lpscomputer.com/p-2503-hp-designjet-5000-5500-carriage-belt-kit-60-plotters.aspx

I had no problems installing at all. I followed the instruction step by step, and when I was done with the install, turned the printer on, calibrated as per the instruction and everything worked perfectly.

It might seem scary when you first look at the instructions but it really isn't hard. One step at a time.

visualeyez

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered it. I was actually looking at that page before you replied haha.

I just think it's wierd that it went from working fine one print to being screwed up the next print. Wish it was an easier fix...

bois323

I had just finished one job, a 3x8 banner, came out great. Then changed the media to adhesive back and it started ghosting, I tough it was weird too but I'm happy I got to finish the banner.

All the best.

rico69

Tip: I pulled the worn belt out of my 5500 and flipped it in side out and used the other end which has new teeth on it. Works great.