• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 intermittently printing ghosts.

JBurton

Signtologist
So I loaded up some clear arlon 6000, ran a print, and it's got some issues every 4", persisting for 4", then going back to normal. I did a status plot and don't see any printheads missing a great deal of nozzles. Though the black bars beside the nozzle checks have a streak in the center of them I don't recall being there. Here's a photo of the issue along with a pic of the status plot. I'm sitting on a set of printheads, but don't want to go willy nilly throwing them in. The issue is primarily on the black channel.
One of my new hires loaded the printer, and he's had some problems getting stuff squared into the printer/scoping rolls and loading them, any chance this is all due to a bad media advance calibration?
IMG_6170.jpg
IMG_6171.jpg

AMS13

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm having the exact same issue regardless of the material. Thanks.

JBurton

Signtologist
Not really. I got tired of burning the more expensive material on this, so I swapped to ij35c and it printed fine. I think the issue was during loading or poor calibration of the substrate advance, but I didn't bother to re calibrate while it was loaded. I also figured the test prints came out fine because they are done in one pass, so no chance of ghosting or whatever this would be called.
What killed me is it was noticed during lamination, and the guy didn't stop. 'I didn't know if it was supposed to look like that or not...'

cornholio

Clean the drive roller rubbers. Check for a too high back tension or vacuum. If it doesn't help, try with deactivated Omas. If it gets better, clean or replace the Omas.