• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Connection Dropping Out

StarSign

Here is a new one. We have been running the HP 25500 for four months now, all of the sudden the connection between the rip and the HP keeps dropping out. We have done as much troubleshooting we can think of. HP says its a issue with our end (router, boxes, cables) but I am beginning to wonder if the HP has a bad network card, any ideas or similar problems?:frustrated:

Tim Aucoin

Did you PING your L25500's IP Address? This will at least tell you if there is any communication at all...? :rolleyes:

Freese

If your network goes down due to power, whatever..is your printer setup as a static IP?

If it's setup as DHCP, itmight reassign the iP address everytime it happenns

HulkSmash

this has happened twice to us. We just restart the RIP and the printer. I agree it's odd..and annoying.

signswi

What switch/router are you using? HP recommends a quality GigE switch (with Cat5e or Cat6 cabling), your switch might be getting overwhelmed and dropping the connection.

HaroldDesign

It's been a while, but I remember having to replace the unit that the cable connects to in the back of the machine. I forgot the name of it. It solved what sounds like the same problem.