• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 ink question

peavey123

Hey All, I have a question regarding partially used ink cartridges. My suppliers can't answer my question, so I assume S101 will have something to say on the matter.

I have 20 mil left in my yellow cartridge. I have a 24 ft x 5ft full coverage banner to print today. Can I replace this cartridge prior to printing and then place the old cartridge back after I print the banner? or is the old cartridge shot once removed from the printer?

Sorry if this is a completely noob question. I've only been using this printer for a few weeks. I didn't see anything similar when I did a search.

Thanks!

jayhawksigns

I have done what you are asking, without issue. Anymore though I just change the cartridge during the print. I haven't noticed any problem with our prints doing that.

ProColorGraphics

I have ran out in the middle of a print before. It prompts you to install the new one, heats back up and goes on. Never had any problems with that. Just keep an eye on it so you can change it right away so the printer cools as little as possible.

I have ran out in the middle of a print before. It prompts you to install the new one, heats back up and goes on. Never had any problems with that. Just keep an eye on it so you can change it right away so the printer cools as little as possible.

+1 Also though. I have noticed the printer sometimes if you dont' replace it fast enough. Will shut down. So keep an eye on it for sure.