• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Printing

ProColorGraphics

I did post this on the other thread, but was wondering if anyone has a vinyl profiles that are set to use the 1200dpi setting?

Also, what are you guys doing to get solid black prints? I sent a file the same way that I do through my Roland and the prints look Navy Blue instead of Black. I am using Caldera VisualRIP+.

:thankyou:

KevSign

We are print at 600x600 on wasatch rip and setting the artwork RICH BLACK cmy50% k 100%. Our rip print 100% black look very good too.

Hope this help.

HulkSmash

I'm not so sure it's your RIP. When you design in illustrator, your black kinda saved as a blue/black/greyish color. Make sure it's true BLACK out of illustrator. Printing at 300 DPI, or at 1200 DPI, it wont change your black. I print at 600 using caldera on my latex, and get perfect blacks.

ProColorGraphics

These could have been done in illustrator, but the rest of the design was in Photoshop, so I did these there too. They are black boxes and come out a blueish/grey color.

So you set the values at 100% and that's it? or 100% CMYK? My Roland with Versaworks was pretty dummy proof, so I am in a whole nother learning curve.

the graphics co

same black in illy and photoshop. Usually, you have to physically set your cmyk values to produce proper black, try a couple of variations until you get it right. For me it is c=60 m=40 y=40 k=100, hope that helps.

ProColorGraphics

Come to find out, it was the color correction settings in Caldera. Mine were turned off. We turned them back on and the prints are AMAZING!!!

signswi

Yeah if you're printing ICC off with a color managed file...you'll get flat results.

Our HP is doing well with blacks both at 100% K only and with the rich black we use on the JV3 (40/35/35/100).

Printed a K-only grayscale banner the other day on POS PRO™+ 200 Polyester Film with the HP and it was amazing, not used to having a K channel that is so neutral out of the box.

dypinc

same black in illy and photoshop. Usually, you have to physically set your cmyk values to produce proper black, try a couple of variations until you get it right. For me it is c=60 m=40 y=40 k=100, hope that helps.

I find it a lot easier to force a replacement of black with 100% K only with no linearization. That way you do not get the milky look of to much ink coverage.

signswi

Some shops, large offset places in particular, will define black as 100/100/100/100 in the prepress files and let the RIP's K limiter (GCR usually, UCR sometimes) adjust down to the materials maximum ink saturation. Easy to do in Onyx (if you've figured out maximum ink saturation for the media), I haven't done it in Caldera.

Seriously though on the L25500 you don't really have to worry about rich blacks, the 100%K alone is great.