• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Questions

Dave Rowland

its one of the downsides this removing leg thing... and software on the HP is far from perfect... emergency power off is needed a few times i have found.

Hicalibersigns

I was under the impression that you shouldnt use a surge protector with the HP latex.

Am I wrong on that?

RTFM. "Read That Fine Manual" It is clearly recommended and from many years in the electronics industry I also strongly recommend it. You would be amazed at how "dirty" AC mains power is in most parts of the country. Surges, Sags and Spikes occur constantly. We don't think much about it because most equipment tolerates it well. However, I have been involved in many many projects replacing destroyed equipment. In the long run, i.e. the life of the printer, it is cheap insurance.

BTW, even our dealer (Grimco) told us it wasn't needed, but the manual says it is.

Hicalibersigns

Page 8, Chapter 2, Power Line Disturbances

Reliable operation of your printer depends on the availability of relatively noise-free AC power.
● In order to ensure optimum performance and reliability, your printer should be protected from
variations in line voltage. Lightning, line faults or the switching of lighting or machinery can generate
line transients that far exceed the peak value of the applied voltage. If not reduced, these
microsecond pulses can disrupt system operation and damage the printer.
It is recommended to include overvoltage (OVP) and transient protection in the power supply to
the printer.

● All electrical noise-generating equipment, such as fans, fluorescent lighting and air-conditioning
systems, should be kept separate from the power source used for your printer.

The circuit breakers in the machine are apparently GFCIs according to the documentation. Does nothing to protect against transients or surges.