• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L260/Caldera Arlon DPF 6000XRP profile?

tomence

So i switched from Oracal to Arlon DPF6000 just to try it and see how it does as far as installation and printing goes.

I am wondering what profile should/can i use to print on Arlon using Caldera, there is no profiles available as of yet on Arlon's website for Caldera, they do have some for Onyx.

tomence

The best way to do it is make your own profiles, there problem solved!!

I am not printing high resolution photo realistic pictures to need an eye1 to make my own profiles and don't have the time and nerves to make one.
I just need a simple profile for vector printing, that's all.

ChicagoGraphics

Again make your own, there not just for photo printing, it's mainly for perfect colors all the time. It's not as hard as you make it out to be.

neil_se

I learnt color management and profiling when I changed over to Caldera. The investment in an Eye One and your time is well worth while, it puts you a step above most of your competitors and you'll never again have to make a materials purchasing decision based on what you can get profiles for, or being stuck with crappy profiles built by others.

i do have a profile for that combination though, send me a PM with your email if you want it.

tomence

So what do i need to buy, just the Eye1 spetrophotometer by itself or i have to buy the whole package including the software to use with Caldera V9

nate

So what do i need to buy, just the Eye1 spetrophotometer by itself or i have to buy the whole package including the software to use with Caldera V9
The i1 will work fine, however there's a heck of a lot of patches to measure. If you're doing one or two this might now be too big of a deal, but if you are going to do several you ought to get the Caldera Easy color-- it's automated and works for most machines. Sure beats doing the readings by hand!

ProColorGraphics

You can get the Easy Color with an OEM version of the new i1 right from your Caldera dealer. That's where I got mine, I think it was around $1600 if I remember right. I have also used the HP Permanent Gloss vinyl profile with a variety of Arlon media with good results in the past, including DPF6000.

I have also read that you can do it with the onboard specto, but it just takes a long time and uses a lot of media. I haven't tried it myself though.

mattbillingham

Arlon DPF 6000XRP

You can get the Easy Color with an OEM version of the new i1 right from your Caldera dealer. That's where I got mine, I think it was around $1600 if I remember right. I have also used the HP Permanent Gloss vinyl profile with a variety of Arlon media with good results in the past, including DPF6000.

I have also read that you can do it with the onboard specto, but it just takes a long time and uses a lot of media. I haven't tried it myself though.

Apologies for hijacking this thread but does anyone struggle with the Arlon DPF 6000XRP. I'm finding that it grabs so much that it's incredibly difficult to install. Once it's on the bodywork and even without a squeegee touching it, it sticks like crazy. So difficult to reposition.

neil_se

Yes, although it holds into deep recesses very well, that was the main complaint from my installers. We've now changed to Avery 1005ezrs.