• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp latex 26500

adverco

Hi ALL, I have a HP latex 26500 which am having a problem with , in the past 10 days it asked me to change the same print head no. 1 , C Lc three times so far although we not doing much printing at all, has any one faced this issue before that can help with some hints?? pleeese

FrankW

Have you changed the print head? Could be a problem with the contact plate in the printhead bay of the carriage.

adverco

hpl 26500

hi frank thanks for your reply yes I did replace the print head three times in 10 days space as I mentioned before, and cleaned the contacts with iso alcohol yet the machine still asked me to change the same head, at one stage it asked me to re-seat the head which I did but it didn't accept it until I changed it completely, the screen is not asking for any maintenance yet out of no where it asks to change the same head over and over
I spoke to HP and they said it could be either the ink tube or the ink supply PCB board , they quoted me ridiculous price which I would rather throw the machine and not fix it,

Split76

Change the Carriage PCA Serv and use a new PH. thats it.

Yes, download the service manual and do that yourself. We changed the whole ******* carriage 3 times before my old 26500 went to heaven :D (long story, carriage rod worn out)
We didn't have any technical support besides that manual and still managed to get away with it. Changing that card is 30 min. job