• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 365 - Printing Issues

misterformat

Snapchat-99145936.jpg
Snapchat-978335310.jpg

I appear to be having two different issues here (or maybe they're related?). The first image shows some pink/yellow ink, which I am assuming is a bad printhead malfunction? Never seen this happen before. The second image is showing some off-color banding starting only from the side that slowly fades out in different sizes. It's inconsistent when it wants to appear, but when it does, it looks very noticeable. Any tips on how to fix this issue?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You need to replace trailing cable data&power 2ET72-67020 to fix the first issue.
2nd one you will only fix with a new printhead. Whatever colour goes missing you replace it. Enable the spit bars to see better.

MODA

We have had the same issue as is shown in your second picture on more than one occasion. It was always a bad or old printhead causing the problem. I would just start with trying a new magenta/yellow printhead(s) to see if that doesn't solve both problems.

misterformat

Strangely enough, I did a force drop detection (among other print quality tests) and the printheads appear to be healthy. Could it be anything else?

DavisPrinting

This may be my problem as well. I have an HP Latex 315 that is showing vertical lines on the prints randomly. I have replaced several of the printheads and the ones that are not brand new have less than 1500mL used on them. Done all the cleaning options in the setup, checked and cleaned the platen, substrate advancements, etc. So its possibly the trailing cable?

Attachments

• 20240624_113350.jpg
    20240624_113350.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

balstestrat

Problem Solver
This may be my problem as well. I have an HP Latex 315 that is showing vertical lines on the prints randomly. I have replaced several of the printheads and the ones that are not brand new have less than 1500mL used on them. Done all the cleaning options in the setup, checked and cleaned the platen, substrate advancements, etc. So its possibly the trailing cable?
It's 100% the cable. Replace it and it's fixed for long time.

MonsterBabyBLN

I have a l28500. And it only happened with heads that were about to die. I never changed the cable.
The l28500 has this extra cleaning during production which can be turned on in the settings. Not sure if your printer has it
I would def replace the specific color heads before going into the cable.