• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 370 loading media the wrong width

KellyP12

Production Artist
Short and sweet - as the title says.

I have been using the same 50.5" W (our paper's real/actual size) media for years now, and lately our 370 has been loading it correctly within our normal tolerance of skew, but once it gets loaded, shows up as 46.5" W instead of 50.5" or at least something extremely close to that like 50.55" or 50.6". It's not a question of if the RIP is interpreting the width wrong, it's more me wondering what is going wrong that it's reading the paper width 4" too short. That's a huge amount! Could it be a failing part? Something not reading the edge properly?

We just had service done on it and I believe the line sensor was replaced, along with many other things. I also cleaned the OMAS and the drop detect sensor, along with other usual maintenance like cleaning the encoder strip to see if perhaps it was having trouble moving the carriage X and Y, but none of these things seem to be the case. Any suggestions?

BigNate

I see no one has jumped in yet.... I am not too familiar with your printer, but I have a 700W that had similar issues reporting the wrong size of media.... The install tech from UBEO fixed the problem about 2 years ago - right after install - There was a setting that would let it measure the roll width, then use the roll arbitrary width measured or it could make a looser measurement and then it has some standard sizes stored....

While you make sure you have this setting correct - also check that the encoder strip is clean. It cannot get a good measurement with a dirty ruler,

netsol

I am more of a roland guy, i know less about the hp’s
what do they scan for width? Roland scans a reflective tape on the outside pinch rollers, at least
on many of the older machines.

IF YOU LOAD a different roll size, is it accurate?
good test is to make a “cut sheet”;test (advance 24 inches of vinyl, sheet cut, turn 90 degrees and load manually) Is it read incorrectly as well?.

AnonSign

Sounds like a sensor issue for sure. Since the line sensor was just replaced, maybe it wasn't calibrated right or there's an alignment problem. Double-check the sensor installation and see if there’s any dirt or debris affecting the reading.