• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP LATEX 560 - Odd Print head ml firing usage and slow printing - HELP

kkotvas

Hello - I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues with their HP latex printers.

1.) SLOW PRINT SPEED
We got a HP Latex 560 back in 2020 and its always printed super slow no matter the print speed. We are comparing this with our much older HP 360 which can sometimes print twice as fast as the newer 560.
We are using same print modes, same # of passes, same profiles (all that jazz).
At one point we had a rep in here to test the data transmission speed between both printers and from what I recall it was "normal" or they both were comparable.
We use ONYX THRIVE 23 for the RIP and as far as I can tell all the settings are the same in the rip for both printers.

We have had cases where we load up a roll of vinyl banner on both printers, use same profile and everything, print the same file (its a very long run and uses the entire 100+ foot roll of material).
The 560 will print at almost half the speed of the 360. We have seen where the 360 would finish its run a couple of hours before the 560 and they are both printing the same amount of square footage. Its just baffling.
There is NO INNER PASS DELAY set on the 560 but it almost acts like that is whats going on. There is never a time where it just prints the passes smoothly, without a delay like the 360 does. The is a short pause in between passes and over long runs this short pauses amounts to a lot of wasted time.

video link so you can see for yourself

2.) OPTIMIZER PRINT HEADS
Unlike the older 360 model, the 560 utilizes 2 optimizer print heads. You would think it would make it print faster (which it is supposed to do). The thing that I have noticed over the years is that the OP print heads never fire the same amount of milliliter of optimizer. They aren't even close. We install them both new on the same day. They both start out at 0mil fired. Then I check back a few weeks later. One of them will have fired 50ml and the other is at like 550ml. Seems very strange to me and I've never gotten a straight answer from HP or the company who sold us the machine. But considering the colored inks also have two print heads each and fire much more closely to the same amount of milliliters (when installed new at the same time), it would only make sense that the OP print heads should be relatively close in the amount of ml they are firing.
So can anyone answer who has an HP Latex that uses 2 Optmizer printheads and let me know if yours is firing around the same rate?