Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Latex 560 - Pantone Color Matching

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by FactorDesign, Oct 15, 2020.

1. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Back to color matching. Onyx 18 and surely thrive have both direct color replacement and a swatch generator. Have you tried to replace the 430C in onyx with the supplied pantone values? It will not be perfect, but it's a pretty good starting point. From there, you can use the swatch generator to make a series of swatches automatically, so you can see darker/lighter colors with more saturation or hue adjustments in the other direction.
    Tan and taupe and the other greys leaning toward the browns are very hard to hit spot on with this machine. At least in my experience when trying to color match an ugly taupe in my old apartment to cover some screw holes before I moved out. But, 430C shouldn't be too hard.

80% black on the 560 is a particular shade of charcoal we use for a fitness center. I tend to call it bronze. I could be wrong, but I thought 430c would be more on the cool side of grey.

• Agree Agree x 1