• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 630: Tacky Vinyl

Hey everyone, been using the HP Latex 630 for a few months now. I'm having an issue tho with how tacky saturated prints are tho. I know that one of the benefits of latex is it's less tacky than a solvent. I even "outgassed" a recent print for about a week before laminating and it's still super aggressive. Any recommendations?

Hey everyone, been using the HP Latex 630 for a few months now. I'm having an issue tho with how tacky saturated prints are tho. I know that one of the benefits of latex is it's less tacky than a solvent. I even "outgassed" a recent print for about a week before laminating and it's still super aggressive. Any recommendations?
Are you referring to the ink being tacky, or the aggressiveness of the adhesive?

If the ink is not completely cured and is tacky coming out of the printer, the solution is to increase the amount of thermal energy delivered to the ink, or to increase the amount of time that the ink is exposed to the thermal energy (or to reduce the ink deposit).

If the issue relates to the tackiness of the adhesive, there might be a couple of options. Reducing the cure temperature in 5-degree increments and then testing is one option. Changing to a different film product might be another (you do not mention which media product you are using). The 630 uses Gen4 inks which cure at significantly lower temperatures than previous Latex generations of Latex ink - below 200 -degrees Fahrenheit (93 Celsius).