• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pearlljelly

Pearlljelly
My shop purchased a HP 800W and I am not excited from all the reviews. Is there anything to look out for? What IS good about it? Will I be able to print reflective media or transparent? We do a lot of decals and like to try out different materials like window clings, reflective, laminated; how does those materials print? I'm being switched over to it from an Epson R5070 because of the white ink capability :(

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's fine, just short jobs make a lot of waste. 700 or 630 would have been better on that.
But since you are getting 800 I guess it's for using so longer runs probably.

My shop purchased a HP 800W and I am not excited from all the reviews. Is there anything to look out for? What IS good about it? Will I be able to print reflective media or transparent? We do a lot of decals and like to try out different materials like window clings, reflective, laminated; how does those materials print? I'm being switched over to it from an Epson R5070 because of the white ink capability :(
To minimize lead edge waste on short runs, use the (included) media feed tool. Lead edge waste when using the tool is about 8 inches. Here is a link to a video that covers how to use the Media Feed Accessory:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
To minimize lead edge waste on short runs, use the (included) media feed tool. Lead edge waste when using the tool is about 8 inches. Here is a link to a video that covers how to use the Media Feed Accessory:
I can tell you in production nobody uses that. They attach to takeup, hit print and walk away to do other things.