• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB500 changing file sizes from RIP

Moth817Print

Good morning!

My HP flatbed and I are still getting to know each other and I am a bit perplexed about something. When I have a file in Illustrator set at exactly 48x96, then I rip it through Onyx (still at 48x96, no scaling), the file will arrive in my flatbed at 48.3" width. The printer then says the file is too big and will be scaled down. I was lucky enough to go to Printing United earlier this month and neither HP nor Onyx knew what was going on, but Onyx suggested doing a scale adjust test where I'd print a calibration bar at a desired length, measure it, then input the actual length into Onyx to adjust print sizing issues.

Here is the file itself in my buffered jobs at 18.5"x1.0":
Scale adjust at 18.5 x 1.0.jpg

Here is the file in the flatbed being read as 33.55"x2.0":
Scale adjust at 33.55 x 2.0.jpg

Here is the actual print, correctly sized:
Scale adjust actual size.jpg

When I noticed the flatbed showing my 48.0" wide files as 48.3" I thought the negative margins might be the cause, but that wouldn't explain why this scale adjust file was shown with each dimension doubled!

It's probably a non issue if the files print correctly anyways, but I'd like to be able to accurately confirm correct sizing right before printing