• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Z3200PS Pro's and Con's

briankb

Premium Subscriber
After much internal discussion it looks like we have settled on an HP z3200ps.

Hoping there is someone in the forum that has or has used a Z3200 or it's previous version z3100 which, as far as I know, is just a little slower.

wes70

I have a Z2100 which is the eight color version of the Z3100 / Z3200. What are your intended uses for this printer?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
small and large posters (18x24, 24x36), newspaper stand inserts, adhesive backed stickers (cut with plotter), and the occasional banner or "temp" outdoor stuff. will probably start using it for design proofs. our primary business is graphic design and this seems more appropriate for us than a standard 4 color solvent printer.

wes70

It's ideal for what you stated. I'm not sure if you need the Z3200 with it's 12 colors. The Z2100 would be more than ideal for your intended use. If you need a high production printer, I suggest you look at the Z6100. If you plan on doing a lot of photographic prints then the Z3200 would be a great, although my Z2100 produces some great looking photo prints.

Hope this helps.

Wes

briankb

Premium Subscriber
It's ideal for what you stated. I'm not sure if you need the Z3200 with it's 12 colors. The Z2100 would be more than ideal for your intended use. If you need a high production printer, I suggest you look at the Z6100. If you plan on doing a lot of photographic prints then the Z3200 would be a great, although my Z2100 produces some great looking photo prints.

Hope this helps.

Wes

thanks for that advice.

I talked to our lead designer today and he likes the Epson 9900... so even though I thought it was settled it's not. I'll look at the z2100. I don't even think we need the 44" really. All the things we want to print are 18x24 or 24x36 both can be done on a 24" printer.

RBDesign

You might look closer on the HP. they do not clog up as often as Epsons do. Actually I have an old HP5000PS bought it used for under 1200. I've had it for about 3 years and it can sit for quite a while and every time I need, it fires up and prints excellent with no problems. It's a 6 color and it prints beautiful photos.