• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP315

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
On the printer there are 2 guards that will hold the media down while it's printing to prevent lifting up. I think they are a pain and usually have them moved out of the way. I've even removed one. I placed it back a while back.
I was printing a banner earlier and I had moved the guard back over the banner material before I started printing. There was a click noise when the carriage was moving over the guard. About half way through this banner, the guard snagged two of the printheads in the carriage and tore off the magnetic strip. I raced to get two new printheads and replaced them. Now the printer isn't printing like it should. I ran a print head alignment and it smeared everywhere. I did a small print run and it printed but not a good full color. HELP!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Did you check rest of the printheads? Especially optimizer.
You probably have issues in rest of them as well.

If there's ever a clicking sound heard from those, always take them out / or tighten them so they push down better.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Did you check rest of the printheads? Especially optimizer.
You probably have issues in rest of them as well.

If there's ever a clicking sound heard from those, always take them out / or tighten them so they push down better.
thanks. It printed like poop. I turned it off, unplugged it and reset it. I printed a small print and it came out great. no issues.

I gotta say, I panic with the hp printer but it always seems easy to fix.