• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion HP365 Latex Printer: Your Custom Media Profiles

darrellcarpenay

Hello Everyone,

I purchased the HP365 Latex early 2021 and as a Roland user for years, found the HP a bit challenging to learn, especially when getting the media profiles right. Although you can download many media profiles online, some just don't seem to work right. Perhaps the temperature is too high, or the speed and ink density isn't what you're looking for - so many HP365 users, including myself, developed what worked for them through trial and error. I'm creating this thread for those who would like to learn about or share media profiles / settings that work best for them.

Suggestions for posting your settings:

Media Name: Orafol 3640
Media Type: Self-adhesive vinyl 3mil
Passes: 12
Temp: 210
Ink Density: 100%
Vacuum Pressure: 15

I'm still working to get a standard quality setting at 10p for the ORAFOL 3640. Somehow at 210F I still have undried optimizer on the black at 10p 100% 210F. Any suggestions on this feel free to post :D. I find that even at 210F the material looks like the heat is warping it a bit, although not to a significant degree.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
This is just my opinion but I don’t think people will be reluctant to share media profiles and settings. As that’s one thing that differentiates printers from one and other.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
210f is just too low for 10p. You need 220f for 10p, 230f for 8p and 240f for 6p. General rules but can of course vary between materials. Some may even need 240f for 8p etc.
The only workaround if you don't want to raise heat but you want lower passes is to select a lower ink limit, which still might not work with such a low heat.
Another thing you can do is add inter-pass delay but that really defeats the purpose of a faster print mode so...

Deformation with the heat is normal and to be expected.
And it's not optimizer that you see there on the wet spots, it's just from the ink not being completely dried out.

karst41

Hello Everyone,

I purchased the HP365 Latex early 2021 and as a Roland user for years, found the HP a bit challenging to learn, especially when getting the media profiles right. Although you can download many media profiles online, some just don't seem to work right. Perhaps the temperature is too high, or the speed and ink density isn't what you're looking for - so many HP365 users, including myself, developed what worked for them through trial and error. I'm creating this thread for those who would like to learn about or share media profiles / settings that work best for them.

Suggestions for posting your settings:

Media Name: Orafol 3640
Media Type: Self-adhesive vinyl 3mil
Passes: 12
Temp: 210
Ink Density: 100%
Vacuum Pressure: 15

I'm still working to get a standard quality setting at 10p for the ORAFOL 3640. Somehow at 210F I still have undried optimizer on the black at 10p 100% 210F. Any suggestions on this feel free to post :D. I find that even at 210F the material looks like the heat is warping it a bit, although not to a significant degree.

I have a L560 and for curing issues like this, I would simply increase the interpass delay.
not by much, a little goes a long way.

Curing temps is something that I try to avoid, when printing IJ 180. If I really need to,
I do so in small steps. These adjustments can be made on the fly. I do not know if the
365 has this issue or not.

karst41

I have a L560 and for curing issues like this, I would simply increase the interpass delay.
not by much, a little goes a long way.

Curing temps is something that I try to avoid, when printing IJ 180. If I really need to,
I do so in small steps. These adjustments can be made on the fly. I do not know if the
365 has this feature.

darrellcarpenay

210f is just too low for 10p. You need 220f for 10p, 230f for 8p and 240f for 6p. General rules but can of course vary between materials. Some may even need 240f for 8p etc.
The only workaround if you don't want to raise heat but you want lower passes is to select a lower ink limit, which still might not work with such a low heat.
Another thing you can do is add inter-pass delay but that really defeats the purpose of a faster print mode so...

Deformation with the heat is normal and to be expected.
And it's not optimizer that you see there on the wet spots, it's just from the ink not being completely dried out.
Thanks for this. I’ve been trying to figure out the best settings for each material without deformations, especially with banner and semi-rigid banner for the pull-up banner stands. It has been a bit of a struggle for me so far to find the right balance but I’m continually tweaking.

Will post more of my settings to continue this discussion.

Thanks again!

Stefanie

We have experienced the oily black in the past. It was only in one area it was one of the heaters/dryers going bad had to have it replaced. Due to the high heat some materials just don't do well. For the roll up banner material make sure it is intended for latex.

darrellcarpenay

We have experienced the oily black in the past. It was only in one area it was one of the heaters/dryers going bad had to have it replaced. Due to the high heat some materials just don't do well. For the roll up banner material make sure it is intended for latex.
Roll up banner media profile setting is something I've struggled with.
The problem is the warping and curling of the edges after printing. This is due to the high heat - I'm trying to find the best temperature and number of passes I can work with on this without the process being too slow.
Any suggestions are welcome.

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
Roll up banner media profile setting is something I've struggled with.
The problem is the warping and curling of the edges after printing. This is due to the high heat - I'm trying to find the best temperature and number of passes I can work with on this without the process being too slow.
Any suggestions are welcome.
on that machine, with banner materials, you are better off to sub out the printing. Your Cost per sqft, with material, ink, banner tape and grommets, is going to be the same as subbing it out. But you dont have to use Your Time for printing and finishing the banner.

latex inks are great to a point. But lose your frustration and accept you Make More Money by Not using Your Machine for every project or product.

Increase your heat on the vinyl, or switch vinyls.....

I saturate at 110%, 10 pass 300dpi, 241temp. Use heat assist laminator for any dark or heavy ink load runs.