• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP365 shifts image after 6' run....WTF?

citysignshop

I've been running this 365 for about a year, after 40 years of running every other thing!...using Flexi Traffic v21, thru their Production Mangler. Most prints are fine, even 200mB images.... 20' long!

Then once in a while, a very simple image (like this chevron fire truck panel) runs fine for 6' or so, then decides to magically jog over 1/4".
Anyone else seeing this kind of BS?
chevron print problem.jpg

obviously reprinting on diamond grade reflective is painful in several ways!...not knowing if it will do it again???

any ideas welcome!

citysignshop

Can't say, but probably likely....
one other thought; was to avoid the Production Mangler RIP converting the flexi file to a pdf.....but that adds another whole layer of potential problems.
As much as pdf is supposed to be the bees knees, the latest version of Flexi has a pdf generator that turns red to pink, and a few other issues. ( sigh!)
or....perhaps.....Exporting to .eps might make the RIP process less prone to this kind of random BS?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
contact flexi and have them trouble shoot it. I had a problem like this a few years ago after they did an upgrade. Turnsout there was a bug in the upgrade that they had to create a patch /workaround for.