• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP9000s check ink issue Please Help!

allamericantrade

I was in the middle of printing a 40' banner when the machine stopped and said check M. I checked and found there was still ink in the cart but it was nearing empty. I figured it may be a fluke with the pc board on the cart and decided I needed soon anyway that I would wait till the suply house opened on monday. I got my new cartridge and had the same issue. At this point I was hoping against hope that it was a bad card and ordered another one and just got it again. The first cart upon inserting says "OPEN R INKCOVER / CHECK M INK" 2nd cart says "OPEN R INKCOVER1 / CHECK M INK" and the 3rd cart says "OPEN R INKCOVER4 / CHECK M INK". I am utterly lost. I tried blowing a little compressed air into the ink cartridge slot for dust and nothing is helping. Any Idea's? I am all ears! Thanks in advance.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Robert, who's ink are you using? If 3rd party, try ordering an OEM and see what happens. Also, contact the ink distributor and ask for their help trouble shooting. Maybe it's a KNOWN issue, but only KNOWN when it surfaces.

allamericantrade

I was using digi ink on the original and the first replacement cartridge. I then not having luck decided to take the 3rd party out of the picture and the second replacement cart is HP brand. I have been ordering my ink from S&F who hasn't a clue.

allamericantrade

I had to run out on a few installations. I just got back in the shop. Thank you for the link, I am trying to run their trouble shooter now.

Quix

I had this issue once: the same "check ink" prompt even after changing the cartridge. I solved it by cleaning the connections with a dielectric spray (specially the ones in the printer).

allamericantrade

Hp has just sent me a new ink cartidge receiving unit and per the tech they are also sending me ink lines and a new cart due to the fact the older new carts have been flagged as no good from the machine and will no longer be usable. about $1600.00 parts and a service call 2hour minimum charge at $400/hr and a 150 travel charge for what the tech has explained to be a half hour job. Total cost aproximatly 2550+tx.

allamericantrade

I had this issue once: the same "check ink" prompt even after changing the cartridge. I solved it by cleaning the connections with a dielectric spray (specially the ones in the printer).

I appreciate the responce. Just a bit annoyed with HP at the moment.

allamericantrade

Figured I would post the What Happened Solution.
I had the printer repaired via HP today.
The issue was a slightly kinked ink line that didn't allow the bladder to fill in an apropriated time so the printer thought there was no ink left in the cartridges. I upon inspection didn't notice the kink, it was slight.
I know I am going to pay through the nose but just releived to be in the office printing again.