• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I can't get the yellow to print on my Mimaki...

crgrove

We have a Mimaki CJV30-130. About a month ago I changed the head on it and for several days it was printing WONDERFULLY. BUT THEN the yellow dropped out.
We have 2 of each of CMYK cartridges installed in the 8 slots. The yellow on the working channel was showing pretty much out but still going. But then the yellow dropped out and it didn't switch over to the new cartridge. Huh!?? So, I experimented and powered down and unplugged the machine and switched the two yellow cartridges to see if the new one would "take". No, it did not!
I had done a pump up and cleaning cycles to no avail.
I had powered down and unplugged again and swapped the two yellows to their original slots and tried that again. Nope.
I unplugged the two yellow dampers from the head station and used a syringe to try to suck yellow to the head. But it really didn't want to come and I didn't want to force anything.
The tube under the head station IS STILL ATTACHED but there isn't much ink in the clear tubing between the head station and the pump. I don't know if that tells me anything.
So, is there a step that I've missed?
I haven't had much experience with the mechanics of this printer since getting it used a few years ago, and an old Roland is our main printer and I know more about that.
I can't help thinking that I've missed doing a proper procedure and that I've made the Mimaki gods angry. ;-)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take out the yellow cartridge that is empty and run a cleaning cycle or two. You can run the machine with only one of each color with that setup. It probably just hasn't been able to pull ink down for a while and once it can pull from the good cartridge, it should start flowing again. If that doesn't do the trick, new dampers and a cap top won't hurt and usually fix issues like this,

crgrove

Take out the yellow cartridge that is empty and run a cleaning cycle or two. You can run the machine with only one of each color with that setup. It probably just hasn't been able to pull ink down for a while and once it can pull from the good cartridge, it should start flowing again. If that doesn't do the trick, new dampers and a cap top won't hurt and usually fix issues like this,
Hmmmm... Okay, thanks! I appreciate your experience. :)