• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have an app in the App Store... woo hoo!

thesignexpert

Every since I got my first generation iphone I have been wishing I could get an app in the store. I am constantly getting these little ideas for games & tools and I suspect most of you fine creative sign folks suffer from the same idea impulses.

I have to admit that it was one of the big thrills of my life to go the Apple App Store today and see my first iphone app available for download (how geeky am I). I feel like a kid in a candy store. :biggrin:

The app is a mobile tool that meshes with my new ProSignRepair.com website. It allows registered subscribers to spot sign repair leads in about 60 seconds. It snaps a photo, geotags the location, allows the business name to be input and has 5 simple questions answered with a touch... then BAM... photo & info is uploaded right to the website! Stick a notice on the door and move on.

You can take a look here if you are interested but, fair warning, it isn't much use to anyone but registered subscribers to the site because it requires a login & password.

I'm just excited and wanted to share!

WCSign

Every since I got my first generation iphone I have been wishing I could get an app in the store. I am constantly getting these little ideas for games & tools and I suspect most of you fine creative sign folks suffer from the same idea impulses.

I have to admit that it was one of the big thrills of my life to go the Apple App Store today and see my first iphone app available for download (how geeky am I). I feel like a kid in a candy store. :biggrin:

The app is a mobile tool that meshes with my new ProSignRepair.com website. It allows registered subscribers to spot sign repair leads in about 60 seconds. It snaps a photo, geotags the location, allows the business name to be input and has 5 simple questions answered with a touch... then BAM... photo & info is uploaded right to the website! Stick a notice on the door and move on.

You can take a look here if you are interested but, fair warning, it isn't much use to anyone but registered subscribers to the site because it requires a login & password.

I'm just excited and wanted to share!

:cool1:

thesignexpert

wow, congratulations Tim, that is exciting!
aside from creating the app itself, was the submission/approval process difficult?

:thumb: :toasting:

It definitely takes some time to go through all of the development criteria and making sure you aren't violating any of their terms and restrictions but overall... not too bad. The difficult and time consuming part is definitely the coding and development side, yikes!

thesignexpert

I am still waiting for the droid app!!! ;-)

Droid app is in process! I finished the specs and starting coding last week. I hope to have the Alpha version ready in two weeks to start field tests & looking for bugs. Oh the bugs :banghead:

I changed the signup page to link to the iphone app download and went ahead and listed the Android version coming soon.

thesignexpert

I am still waiting for the droid app!!! ;-)

Well, to revive an older thread... your wish is my command :Big Laugh

Seems there are a LOT of folks who are anti Apple so we have just published the first version of the Android app for ProSignRepair.com

Now, when they spot a sign outage, our subscribers can pull out their iphone or any Android phone. In 60 seconds they can snap a photo which automatically geotags the location, upload the lead and stick a note on the door. Incredibly fast and effective!

I love technology... :cool1:

Attachments

• prosigns6.jpg
    prosigns6.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 61