• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Love It

WildWestDesigns

I just love it when I go to a restaurant to eat and I find out that they are wanting 30 polo shirts embroidered and I get another order for 10 polos w/ pockets to embroider.

Probably the best $13.xx I spent on lunch(I had XX with my meal otherwise would have been cheaper).

GypsyGraphics

perspective clients are everywhere, so i'm curious to know how the conversation came about.

was this an existing client, and your MO is to always ask if they have any needs?

if this was a new client, i'd really like to know how the topic of needing your services came up.

some people are very good about making sure people know their line of business, everywhere they go. very smart if you have a knack for that.

WildWestDesigns

was this an existing client, and your MO is to always ask if they have any needs?

Well the order for 10 was from an existing client. I've done flyers, website work, mugs, license plates etc for them. Her husband was wanting shirts done for his business, so she came to me for that.

The order of 30 is a new client, but knew what I did for quite some time. I try to have something on(shirt, hat, both) that have what I do so that helps draw people. I was actually wearing a t-shirt that had a die cut vinyl version of my avatar on it with my business info. Try to keep what I do some way in their mind.

I do "cold calls(actually emails)" every now and then, but typically only if I happen to offer a new service or a new product that they might be interested in. There is just a fine line between being pro-active and getting on people's nerves.

if this was a new client, i'd really like to know how the topic of needing your services came up.

Well, what lead him to first knowing what I did is I gave him of gift of his business logo sublimated on a coaster. I've gone to his restaurant for years though and I just made it seem like it was a spur of the moment type of gift whether then my doing a gift while promoting my business.

Other times I just try to drop it in when spot presents itself in a conversation. As nonchalant as I can. The ole ball and chain knows what I'm doing and occasionally I'll catch her rolling her eyes.

some people are very good about making sure people know their line of business, everywhere they go. very smart if you have a knack for that.

I think I have a little bit of knack. I have to keep on working at it, but I think I'm personable enough that I do alright.

GypsyGraphics

good tips WildWest

gone are the days of sitting back and letting the clients come to me.
it worked so well for so long that i haven't developed a talent for drumming up business.

hmmm, i could wear sandwich board whenever i go out, to promote the signage services of my business.

maybe that's a little much... i'll have to find a happy medium :tongue:

Custom_Grafx

good tips WildWest

gone are the days of sitting back and letting the clients come to me.
it worked so well for so long that i haven't developed a talent for drumming up business.

hmmm, i could wear sandwich board whenever i go out, to promote the signage services of my business.

maybe that's a little much... i'll have to find a happy medium :tongue:

i once told a late paying client that i would be doing exactly that in front of their premises - with their invoice printed on it. i got paid the next day. pity, coz i was kinda looking forward to it.

PromoGuyTy

i once told a late paying client that i would be doing exactly that in front of their premises - with their invoice printed on it. i got paid the next day. pity, coz i was kinda looking forward to it.

Hmmm...I will have to remember this technique... I mean, I know a guy that can "blow up" an invoice real big and put it on a sandwich board...:)

kffernandez

really??? hmmm... i'd have thought if you asked a guy, who just walked past a naked girl with a sign, what the sign said.... that he'd have no clue.

i don't know about you guys. but what i would usually do with a great looking sign is... approach the sign, look very very closely at the sign, touch the sign in more ways than one, wonder what material was used, what lamination was used... and maybe imagine the process of how it was put on... uhh.. i mean.. made.
:cool1: