• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"I replace the vinyl graphics once a year"

JMPrinting

So, I had a customer make the statement "I replace the vinyl graphics on my back glass once a year once they start to fade and shrink" he gets back glass pieces done for $40.00 or a two color logo and number for an area of 17"x53" what kind of vinyl is a competitor using that fades that fast?! Even with the brightline series cal. vinyl I get better usage from that. Must be some eBay special. The only thing I use cal vinyl for is short term yard signs only if I don't have the color in cast, in stock. I have grown to use cast for pretty much all jobs, I like the Oracal 751 and use 951 for signs and vehicle surfaces. It weeds and cuts better IMO.

Anyways, trying to get the customer to pay the price he actually should for a quality vinyl instead of the hack job "$40.00 special" I have a new competitor in the area too, I know for a FACT because of where he gets his vinyl he will be putting calendared vinyls on EVERYTHING he does. People don't care about quality. I have been in this business almost a year now but I have done my research and studied how to apply vinyl, the types, wraps, ect...I am always on here and YouTube learning and using scraps for rivets, curves...ect. All wraps are 3M ControlTac cast films. Makes me wanna scream because people want to pay the "$200 vehicle lettering special" than have it done right....

End Rant.

DigiPrinter

Someone said on this site that he tells the customer they're going to make mote money on the sign than you do.....so true! The client should be asking himself why not pay for quality upfront for a product that will last for years vs crap that has to be changed out all the time. Is his time not worth anything to run the vehicle somewhere, wait, line up the install, etc? If he can't see value then probably not a customer you want.

Snydo

Offer him a 5 year guarentee, 751 will easily last 5 years if properly prepped and applied. I have some 751 that is 6 years out and still looks perfect. If the customer is not willing to spend more money for a superior product, saving him time and in the long run money, then do you really want them as a customer. Good Luck.