• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC Profiles.

stevesign

Does anyone have a corrected profile for a Standard White Gloss vinyl, using Wasatch (or Troop), for a SC-545ex, or a Grenadier, running Solvent inks.

I have tried all the profiles from the media suppliers but they are all way out.

Looking for someone with the same machine / rip, that has adjusted the icc using a spectrophotometer.

Steve

sfr table hockey

You might want to add what brand of ink you are using as this is the main cause of the color being out. If color is ok and its just the print quality (too much ink, or too little etc.) then tell us that too.

Also if you have an exact brand of vinyl you are printing on as there are major differences in qualities of vinyl and how they print.

stevesign

Ink..

Ink is Activasol.

We have no problems printing, quality or otherwise, its just that i have to tweek the supplied profiles to get them perfectly accurate to the original image.

sfr table hockey

What you will find is even when they say the ink will print the same, the colors may be off if you use the Roland profiles. Some you can tweak but you might need to get a profile made. What happens is the profile you are using now thinks you have ( lets say rolands inks ) installed. It spits out the colors it knows will make a good picture. Your ink may be stronger in the magenta so now with your ink the same picture will look more red and other colors will be off that need magenta to mix with.

With a custom profile you can print with any ink and it will adjust the ink colors so that the end results give a good standard looking picture.

If you just do signs where you are setting your own colors you won't notice the off colors but when you do photos or logos you will not match.

stevesign

Thanks.

Thanks, it looks like i will have to get profiles made.

We are very happy with everything we print, it would just save time tweeking, but the chances of finding someone with the same machine, inks, and media is not good...

But thought i would ask anyway.