• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ice With Drinks... Health Warning................

Gino

Premium Subscriber

With the holidays almost upon us and going from party to party consuming these drinks.... I know this will also pertain to our non-believers also, please be warned............

I didn't know this...

When you drink vodka over ice, it can give you kidney failure.
When you drink rum over ice, it can give you liver failure.
When you drink whiskey over ice, it can give you heart problems.
When you drink gin over ice, it can give you brain problems.

Apparently, ice is really bad for you.

PLEASE - Warn all your friends.
Give up ice. It is BAD for your health.

MERRY EVERYTHING :toasting:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
My goodness, are you saying I'll have to give up my method of mixing drinks?

Step 1 -- fill glass with ice, right up to the rim and over a bit, if you can.

Step 2 -- pour in desired booze until ice floats.

Step 3 -- add mix.

sar bossier

Step 3 -- add mix.

Hey there, you may have discovered the hereto unknown solution!! Mix negates all effects from ice!!! BRILLIANT!!!!:wink::toasting:

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Step 3 -- add mix.

Oh MY goodness.... you are doing it VERY wrong.

First of all.... forget the ice, it's bad for you and besides, it takes up precious room for your desired booze.
Next.... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ADDING MIX TO BOOZE FOR ?? Are you frickin' nuts ??
Unless you have some cheap a$$ booze, don't ruin it with mix. Give the mix to your friends and a drop or two of booze and let them drink mix all night long while you sip on the good stuff.... for goodness sakes.
Now I have to give drinking etiquette lessons ?? :wine-smi:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
All right -- lighten up....

Before you all go off half-cocked, try the method. See how much mix you can actually get in a glass that has enough booze in it to float a full glass of ice.

I'm surprised nobody picked up on that...

But there is still the risk of using so much ice.....

sar bossier

All right -- lighten up....

Before you all go off half-cocked, try the method. See how much mix you can actually get in a glass that has enough booze in it to float a full glass of ice.

I'm surprised nobody picked up on that...

But there is still the risk of using so much ice.....

I did, I did! Again, BRILLIANT solution to toxic ice!!!

Marlene

my hubby and I like to try stuff with flavored liquor. a couple of years back, we set up the "lab" and did some experiments with coconut rum and vanilla Coke which was really good.. we just saw an ad for marshmallow vodka. at first we both said yuk, but then re-thought it and decided with a chocolate liquor, it could be good. hubby said it sounded like time to set up the "lab" again and run some experiments. I will be sure to tell him no ice. thanks Gino! ;)

d fleming

Holiday Warning...
Please, take care of yourself.

A recent joint study conducted by the Department of Health and the Department of Motor Vehicles indicates that 23% of traffic accidents are alcohol related.

... This means that the remaining 77% are caused by people who drink bottled water, starbucks, soda, juice, energy drinks, and stuff like that.

Therefore, beware of those who do not drink alcohol. They cause three times as many accidents.