• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas for Storing off sizes of flat media?

AIGJIM

Hi,
I need some ideas on how to better store my "Scrap" Flat medias. PVC,DigiPanel,Foam Board,&etc. We are running out of room and I was wondering if anyone has any special tricks or set-ups that makes cut-offs a little easier to manage.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're running out of room and you don't want to buy a bigger building, then add an addition for something and turn an old area into more storage.

Otherwise. start building flat storage shelves and drop them from the ceiling from all thread or a cable system you can draw up & down. Lotsa lost space at the ceiling.

We've built storage areas all around our shop in out of the way places. One loft is 8' x 70'. Another is 8' x 32'. Another one is about 10' x 30' and the last one at 12' x 25'. When we have something large and heavy, we suspend it from the ceiling, if it's not gonna be used for a while.

AIGJIM

Hi Gino,
We have built a flat loft for our 4x8 sheets. Which has our flat media all separated. I am looking for more of something for like 24x48 and smaller. We are in talks with landowners next to us to build on as well. Could you by chance post a pic of your cable system?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, didn't say we had a cable system in place. That was more or less, a suggestion for you. We have several lofts that are permanently built with ladders going up to them. Then, if need be, we can lift things up to someone up there or for just plain storage. Most of our scraps and cut-offs are on flat shelves around the shop. We have about 8,800 square feet, so there's lotsa places for us to build things.