• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If You Could Have Only 1 Of These 2: Power Roller Up Down or Power Take Up?

player

I am looking at a new laminator and I am finding the power roll up down and the power take up roll for the finished lams is getting out of my price range for the amount of use. I can get less expensive models with one or the other feature but not both. I am leaning towards the power up down. Currently I have adapted my Supply55 Take-Up to fit my laminator for take up.

Another issue is the laminator I am looking at with both features is around 900 pounds, which is pretty heavy for me to wheel around. Currently I wheel the laminator from 1 room to another and there is a board across the floor I have to lift my laminator over. I cannot see doing this with a 900 pound one.

I am looking at the USTech models.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

trakers

Yeah you don't wanna lift it, at least not the USTECH one I have anyway. It doesn't look like it, bit it is HEAVY.

The power roller up/down is awesome. It's a ripoff for the extra cost for what's in there, but no worse than say power windows.

That said I can't even imagine if I had gotten the model without it (and I came *this* close to doing just that, believe me)

player

I have an older one that has the manual lift. It is a knob on each side that you have to manually turn up and down... not so heavy, just a pain it the ***...

Which one did you end up buying?

player

I adapted my Supply55 Take-up to my laminator and it works, but when there is lam over the edges it tends to stick a bunch up the finished material.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Definitely power take-up and rewind. Lowering the roller is cake work and allows for better adjustment.
I love the GFP laminators, they also now have an easy-load feature on the new models.
Price aint that bad either!

player

Definitely power take-up and rewind. Lowering the roller is cake work and allows for better adjustment.
I love the GFP laminators, they also now have an easy-load feature on the new models.
Price aint that bad either!

63"= $7300?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Saving a little over another is not too tough to do. I'd hold off and get the Pro when I could afford it. Sure it costs a bit more but it's not a ton more and in the long run I think it will be worth it. I'm actually considering their top model, the Pro 65s.

player

I would like to but it weighs 900 pounds. I don't think my floor can take that weight, plus I wheel my laminator in and out and I doubt I could wheel a 900 machine by myself.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As long as it is not a stable hard floor you could but trying to go over something would not be easy. We have a 1600 pound 4 head embroidery machine and I can roll that around by myself, not something I'm going to try and get moving very quickly or anything of course or often for that matter.

Not really a good idea to move any of these sort of machines much, you are flexing and twisting the machine on its frame which can and will get things off and out of alignment just a bit requiring you to re-align the machine each time. This would apply to printers, laminators, embroidery machines, and really just about and sort of large machines with moving parts.