• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator to Cutting Master error HELP

HELP - I got my new unit and so far am happy with it. a problem I have is when I send the job to the cutter from Illustrator I always get a pop-up that says that the project has changed and something about the panels sorry I tried to repro it to get exact message just now but once you answer the pop-up it is not doing it again

What should I do here. I said yes last night and blew a 6' muiltple panel project. My backgroud and forground did NOT line up.

NOT by a long shot

Has anyone else seen this and what do I do or how can I prevent it from happening.

Yes I save all work before sending to the cutter.

B.P.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
yes I've seen it. Have you tried turning off the plotter and rebooting. You could also try having the plugin poll the plotter for the current media limits.

Thaks shall do.

Maybe yo can also answer this, Last night my cut started at the furthers point which was nice,

How can I make it do that all the time?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
not sure about that one. However on the plugin there is a button in the Position section called "Show Me" that will make the plotter move to each corner of the area about to be cut. I use it on long runs to make sure I have enough material on the roll or enough unrolled.

I've learned a lot by looking up each of the buttons in the plotter user manual. I have a Graphtec CE5000-60.

Same unit here, I which it had 3 rollers to keep the material stight.

This pop-up is killing me I can not afford to continue to waste vinyl

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I've had it track very well to 8'. one of the tricks I recently learned is to load the vinyl and instead of trying to align the edge myself against a reference. I just roll it through and let the roll do the work. Load the vinyl and make sure the rollers are up and unroll a few feet through and then lock the rollers down. When you tell the machine to read the roll media it should be straight.

I don't use the panel feature or do jobs that are larger than the max cutting width but I have seen that error. I usually ignore it and say no. Obviously there is a reason in your case.

nopalito24

Hit ok when this message pops up, then rotate your image in CM2.
The problem comes from your Document orientation, play w/ the portrait and landscape in the Document set up, then go into cut master, check and see if it gives you the error still. does the error happen w/ everything or just jobs w/ reg marks? I'm thinking jobs w/ regmarks only.