• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Transparency box issue fix

mike monte

I have been all over the internet and have compiled a bit of the fixes into one that retains color and clarity of vector without rasterizing the entire file. In illustrator:
create the text or vector with drop shadow, then expand appearance, ungroup and select the shadow only, rasterize the shadow>object>rasterize transparent box selected 300dpi on both. Flatten the shadow with transparency box checked, then select the vector object or text you applied the shadow to and ungroup. Select all objects and flatten without preserve transparency selected and save as .eps be sure the warning box while saving in eps does not contain any errors referring to flattening. While printing in versa works I have created a profile in> quality> color management> custom that keeps all of the colors true and brilliant instead of graying out the blacks and solids.

RGB= adobergb1998 icc
cmyk= roland_signcmyk.icc

matching method:
Raster= saturation
Vector=Perceptual
I hope this saves someone the hours of trial and error I had to eat!