• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm drawing a blank on a couple familiar fonts...

iSign

anyone able to help on these ones tonight?

I feel like the first one should start with the letter A... :help:

...the second one I'll probably remember in 5 minutes after I let everyone see how bad my short term memory is...hmm lithos maybe, I'll go check

Attachments

• maui body font.jpg
    maui body font.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 118

Shovelhead

Vertically distorted........

Informal BT....a COREL font....Maui is in the same family...
don't know if it's Informal Inline or what.

iSign

Shovelhead, thanks, I have Informal, so that's convenient.

Brian, thank you too... I don't have African & I checked the font aliases site & found "Ashley Inline" as a substitute... but I don't have that either. Oh well... I can get by without... oh, wait... I just found a free download on wwwdafont.com

yipeee!!

...yeah I like to sleep 5 or 6 hours... it's 10 to 3... I'm thinkin of driving home soon... I've been real busy for the last 3 weeks gearing up for the departure of my key employee last week. Now I've rearranged my entire shop... every desk, every computer & piece of equipment, as well as knocking out a small wall. So much changes, that the environment is worth changing to suit the new plan... but it can get overwhelming. Its almost settled into the new way though.

iSign

Matt,
my star right-hand man moved back to his home town.
He is destined to run his own shop, but at 25 yrs. old, he realizes there are still some years of greater opportunity working with the equipment & marketing of someone elses investment to gather more skill & knowledge before setting off on his own.

His stated intentions are to come back to work here again somewhere between 6 and 12 months from now, but he only ever intended to come to Maui for one year. He stayed an extra year because he liked it here, meaning Maui, of course... but also Island Sign according to him, so of course I hope he does return... but I also will proceed as though he won't.

This guy was so capable, efficient & personable... there will be room for him at any point in the future regardless of what is going on here.

MVIP

Doug,

Well I guess in a sense you were lucky to have him as long as you did. It is so hard to find anyone that cares even half as much as yourself. I wish you the best in recruiting a new employee. Hopefully he will return just when you need him most.

-Matt

iSign

Thanks Matt.

Brian, he is a fairly quick study on new software, because he has web design background... but after I had to try to remove the masking on a small 1 square foot job he forgot to weed first... I went downstairs while he edge printed some more stuff... came back up after he clocked out & left...

$100 worth of 1-color decals, totalling about 12'... all taped, but not weeded
icon9.gif

They were just 3" x 4" rectangles though... so when I grabbed a corner of the tape on one of the 3 four foot pieces... & just ripped like hell to fukitallup in one angry motion.... the tape came right off my 36 decals, only taking about 3 decals with it :thumb: ..so I did the same thing to the other 2 sheets... with the same sudden angry disregard to consequences... shaazaam!! 90% success again!!

I left the un-weeded segments on the bench with my wads of tape also on the bench... to make sure I don't forget to give him this embarrassing opportunity to learn his lesson.

He applied a 4' x 4' decal the other day after I did 2 of them myself, & 1 with him helping. He did good. (he almost screwed up a 12" x 24" edge print the other day with mega-bubbles... but we popped most of em, & it was for a less picky client)
he'll learn.