• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm gonna ask this dumb question...

reelguitars

I bought a Mutoh Outdoor 62 recently and rebuilt it. It works just fine. I have heard that you really don't need the light cyan and magenta cartridges. 1) Is this correct? 2) If I don't need them, where would I change the setup just for CMYK? No flames please, I searched everywhere and just couldn't find an answer. Thanks, David

TheSnowman

I would guess that you can't find anything on it because there is no way to do it...unless you just want to print in black...but then you'd probably have to trick the printer into thinking it had ink.

Just my two cents, I have no clue...but I'm assuming it can't be done and that's why you can't find anything on it.

tiredcreations

There should be a setting in your rip software. There is in production manager & I've done it before when my Lm was having problems

I don't have a mutoh so I might be way off base, but I know in my Mimaki I have the choice between CMYK and CMYK LM LC and its just a matter of changing all the cartridges out, and then there is an option in production manager where I can choose between CMYK, Dual CMYK (which is what I run) and CMKY LM LC.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would try to run those cartridges if possible, as not using them will lead to the heads drying out.

randya

This Falcon I was not designed to run 4 color, so there is no cmyk set up for this machine.

You can certainly run it in cmyk, but you will need profiles written in cmyk for it.
And the other two channels will probably dry up without ink running through them.
And you wont get as good blending in some colors due to the lack of lc and lm.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not a flame, but unless you're not printing enough routinely of things other than gradients or facial tones..... how do you see this as a smart move to eliminate what the manufacturer of almost every machine on the market on the entire planet sees as a good thing ??

When you sue only CMYK, do you think there is a cost savings ??

You do realize... and I think if you can rebuild the machine, you can understand this....... if you need X amount of inks to make a color, that when using 6 sources, they all need a little less to produce the desired color vs. more of each color of 4. What it basically boils down to is you might see a penny or two difference in costs and unless you're using 12 liters a day.... it won't show up in the grand scheme of cost effectiveness.

If you're one of those with the mindset that it costs $105 to replace a liter or 440 cartridge, then just do as you see fit, cause you cannot see the forest for the trees.