• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Image on versaworks segmented....

DavidLSI

I have this 33" x 72" image file, when I open it up in Versaworks it looks fine until I go to make my settings.

The material size shows as 18.74" so the image gets segmented/tiled to fit the material.

When I click on the "Get Media Width" button it does find the correct size but the image is already tiled. I had to click on the various buttons that rotate the image's orientation so that the tiled sections line up correctly. I have adjusted the "Tile Spacing" to zero which does remove the white space between the sections. But there are these blue outlines on the image showing where the program tiled/segmented them

I have two questions for now....

1) when I go to print will the printed image look "Tiled" or does making the setting 0 take care of that.

2) how do I make it so that the program does not tile the image to start with.

I have a little time so I do not want to just print to see what the effect is going to be. Any input is appreciated. :wavingflag:

Thanks
David

Bigdawg

Just Me
Make sure clip image is not checked.

Go to Manual Tiling and set it for 1 row, 1 column.... that should fix unless you need to rotate the image.

Artildawn

what she said... and it's really irritating when versaworks decides it wants to tile something that doesn't need to be tiled.

Bigdawg

Just Me
If you want to fix that so the default always starts wider... double click on the picture of the A or B folder on the top left of Versaworks... that sets your defaults for each queue. I've got mine set for max width and the material profile I use the most.

fondu

the same thing happened to me today and after goofing with it for a few minutes, i deleted the job out of versaworks and reloaded it and it came back fine...