• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

import vector problem

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
A member here is having a problem with a vector I sent to him. He said that his process is to import my ai into Corel and then copy/paste into LXI. Somewhere along the line the art is becoming rough. He said the curves in the letters are jagged and not smooth. I have not heard of this happening and I have converted thousands of files.

If I could get more than one of you to download and see if the letters are a problem. They should be nice smooth curves. Font used is adobe Minion

I believe he said it is already jagged in Corel

Please post your findings so I can find out if this is on my end or his

http://www.vectordoctor.com/delbuono agency.ai

GypsyGraphics

Don't own Corel but in Illustrator i get a clean, sharp vector file!
Picture 28.jpg Picture 29.jpg

Kottwitz-Graphics

I tried importing it into corel, and it just shuts the program down.

Whats odd is of all the files I've gotten from you, its never done that before...:help

Malkin

Same as Stacy here, smooth and minimal points in illustrator.

I have seen some older versions of Corel exhibit similar tendencies... but I don't currently have Corel to check this for you.

njsigns

The file imports into X4 just fine, I suspect the issue is when copying and pasting into LXI - I also have a rebranded version of Flexi and I used to import .ai files (or .eps files UltraFlex wouldn't recognize) into CorelDraw X3 (and earlier) then copy and paste into UltraFlex - after a little while I noticed the curves weren't exactly smooth when I did this and it (from what I remember) generated many additional nodes. The problem I had (specifically) was I couldn't get UltraFlex to import any of the various vector formats I had available to export from CorelDraw or Illustrator. Then I started exporting from CorelDraw as a version 3.x illustrator file or a CorelDraw .cmx, which both import into UltraFlex just fine...

Gene

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The windows clipboard is not the way to do it.
All the curves get turned into short 2 point lines.
The file opens fine in X3 with smooth curves - minimal nodes.
Copy to the clipboard and open in Flexi - lots of short line segments instead of curves.
The file will open directly in Flexi(7.6) without problems.
If he can get it into corel - exporting it out as a simple ai would be the right way to do it.

wayne k
guam usa

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
He needs to properly import and export his files. Cut and paste works sometimes but should be avoided.

cdiesel

The clipboard doesn't hold the vector data correctly.. He should take a lesson from OP and cut straight from Corel! ))))))))))))))))))))))

Malkin

I have used the windows clipboard to successfully copy/paste from Gerber to Illy with no issues...

I guess it's just tempermental