• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing .ai files in X3

geb

Does anyone know why I can import an .ai file in version 9, but in X3 I import the same .ai file and nothing shows up on the screen?

Thanks.

George

wildside

i don't "import", i just hit open, select a .ai file and opens right up in x3 no problem, it even keeps it as text if it hadn't been converted in the past

geb

I can take it out of 9 and drag into X3 and the file is there, but it doesn't make sense to me why I cannot import this file, or other .ai files. Also, when I import and highlight the file, it shows it as a EPS file format, but that filter brings up a grey box when imported.

George

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
George - try manually selecting the Illustrator AI-EPS import filter instead of letting Corel do the selection of it automatically. Corel is probably selecting a different filter.

Flame

I have trouble bringing in ai. files into Corel, so I just export them as a PDF. Saves me a headache.

geb

Thanks for the help. I ended up saving in version 9 to a cdr file in version 5, then I could open in X3.

Fred, I tried importing manually as .ai in file type, but above the notes box it says file format: EPS-Encapsulated Postscript, even though it's been saved as .ai file and the file type chosen is .ai. I can't open or import in .ai or in eps. I have no problems in version 9 with any of these files importing. Probably something I'm doing wrong here, but not sure what.

George

geb

That's it. I exported these from ANA designart software as an .ai. I notice some file extensions when highlighted say .ai, some say eps even though they were exported as .ai. I think that's why I have had problems. Many files I've exported from signlab as .ai work, but the ones from Anagraph are giving me trouble. I didn't think about the ANA files because I hardly use that program anymore.

Thanks for that question Pro Signs and Graphix, thanks for the help all and have a good weekend.

George