• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question In Roland VersaWorks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Once a file is sent to the VW rip, can the file be taken back out and put back into say..... Illy ??

I made a file yesterday, thought I had saved it (but didn't because of an interruption), sent it to cut only, cut the job, only to find out this morning, I didn't save the file. I had put about 45 minutes into building and creating this file, so it would be nice if I could get the file back out and just insert it back into this customer's folder.

:thankyou: Gino

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Probably not but check the VW folder for a temp or working folder. Sometimes rips will save a copy in a folder while it processes and you might get lucky that it is still in there.

Vohaul

Once a file is sent to the VW rip, can the file be taken back out and put back into say..... Illy ??

I made a file yesterday, thought I had saved it (but didn't because of an interruption), sent it to cut only, cut the job, only to find out this morning, I didn't save the file. I had put about 45 minutes into building and creating this file, so it would be nice if I could get the file back out and just insert it back into this customer's folder.

:thankyou: Gino

versa needs a file to rip from.....so it had to be saved before it ripped and cut.....is it not in versa anymore?..or did you print straight to versa.....?

I always make pdfs and load them into the rip....have a big transfer directory where all the pdfs are stored (and saved job info from versa)..so if ever i need to reprint, i can just load up the saved job file....