• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Incomplete cuts

gpzjack

I have a desay cutter...im looking to buy new cutter in the next week! LOL

In the mean time i have learned alot over the last few months but i have one problem. My cutter stops short of completely cutting. I always have to finish with my knife when weeding. Is it a setting on Flexi or some other problem?

Thanks

itzdeb

This happened to me this summer; it could be the belt that controls the blade, if it's missing teeth and/or not lined up where it's supposed to be. Of course, that's a gerber plotter and it wasn't expensive to fix, about $75 incl. ship. and a few hours with some small allen wrenches and phillips. First, I would make sure your blades are the correct ones and in the correct place and sharp. But, I'm sure you already checked that, perhaps.
And, you can check with the manufacturer; they probably will give you some info without charging.

You may want to uninstall and reinstall your program but I don't know the specifics to advise you..just an educated guess in both departments. Good luck, keep asking around- I bet you'll get your answer.

gpzjack

Thanks....i have tried new blades...im' on my 3rd computer now so i know its not that, and its done it since new....i read somewhere online another person had the same problem and it turned out to be software related.

gpzjack

I can't wait to get a new machine....driving me nuts trying to figure out what to get....LOL

Anyway it sounds like my knife offset may be the problem..can't wait to try it out

D&Tgraphics

I had a problem earlier this year with one of my cutters (the Ioline) doing the same thing. Mine was a loose drive belt.

smdgrfx

Sounds like knife offset to me. If your plotter has a LED display, it should have offset settings in the setup somewhere. I've never seen it in the software, but it doesn't hurt to check.

gpzjack

Havent tried it yet but the knife offset was at .20 and the above instructions say it should be a .12
I will give it a shot tonight.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It's not offset. Offset doesn't change and doesn't bring you up short at the end of a cut. Try blowing the dust and crud out of your tool carriage, especially the blade up/down mechanism. Then clean the ways the carriage rides on. This usually fixes this particular problem

gpzjack

Changed the offset to .12 and it worked like a charm. I just did a cut that was giving me alot of problems and it came out perfec.

:U Rock:

gpzjack

it was happening with everything...letters,numbers, graphics...especially on circles. I can tell the difference right away...i cut a few small jobs tonight that usually give me a hard time and they all came out great.

Conor Knoxx

Wow!

and here I thought the old "Master Cutter" was just junk, and thats just "how it cuts" LOL!

Well...
I have one.
I does that.
Read the forum link.
Applied the changes.
All fixed!!!

Might I mention once again how AWESOME folks here are?

gpzjack

Ive been looking for a forum like this for a while...glad i found it.

It so much easier to weed now without the little hang ups...LOL

Thanks again