• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inconsistent cutting after carriage crash D160

AdamTek

I'm hoping someone can give me some suggestions with a strange issue I'm having with a Summa D160se. There was a crash of the carriage which seems to be caused by the opos sensor crashing with a pinch roller. I secured the sensor back in place and ran all calibrations. One issue I had was the opos calibration. When I ran it the sensor was trying to read the media to the right of the square and not over it. I manually changed the y offset parameter to get it to to move over the square which enabled a opos calibration, but when I cut the artwork it was offline and changed randomly over the axis. For example, if I had four printed squares evenly spaced, the cut would be say 3mm out on the first one, then the second may be 2mm out, then the 3rd will be 5mm out then the 4th 2mm out. It doesn't seem to just be on the opos, if I run a job without the registration squares straight on colored vinyl and not over print, the cut will also be random. 4 even squares on the design will cut the squares fine, but they will be staggered instead of all lined up. After trying everything I could think of I did a special initialisation and setup the machine again. I upgraded to the latest firmware and ran all calibrations again. I still have the same issue. The only thing I haven't checked yet is if the pulley on the motor is slipping (after reading another suggestion and I don't have the machine on me at the moment to check), but other than that I have done everything! Your suggestions please... (keep in mind the x / y calibration is perfect, so I wouldn't think it is the pulley slipping). Thank you!