• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

info lost when replacing ink... why?

gabagoo

I have had this problem from pretty much day 1.

If I am not around when I run out of ink and there is still info needing to come across from Flexi Rip. When I change the cartridge and start to reprint, the printer beeps with an error but does continue to print. What I find later is that about 1/8" to 1/4" of printed information is missing.
Now this no doubt effects my Summa when I cut as it will measure the wrong distance and recalculate the cut based on that missing 1/8-1/4" info.
Is it the printer? the rip? and why only after about 15 minutes will this happen?

I can live with it but it can make life miserable some days

iceman64

Your Rip program shuts down the printspooler of your computer, but the printer itself has information in its memorybuffer. The printer finishes the job with what is left in the buffer.
I do not know what printer you use, but if it is a JV3. then you will have to check your inklevels before you start a job.
If you start large production, you change the cartridge with a new one, and use the other one for small jobs or cleaning.

Good luck, hope to be of service