• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

info on Roland cj 500 quality of pigm.vs eco sol max

sfr table hockey

Hi,
I am going to be getting a used cj 500. I am wanting to talk to someone who has used one and ask some questions as to leaving it as is ( pigment ink ) or convert to eco sol ink by installing a heating kit.
I build table hockey games and originally just wanted to print my own vinyl surfaces that are covered with lexan but I also do picture framing. The cost of materials between the two almost pays for the heater kit in the first batch of films and ink needed.

Anyone with info? I would like to call and go over a couple things.

Thanks,
Lyle

Replicator

The pigment ink would be fine for indoor use, or good for most outdoor applications with laminate.

If you want good outdoor use only, then you could convert . . .

sfr table hockey

Thanks for the answer. As far as pigment ink goes, once printed on propper vinyl will the ink rub off if you were to spray window cleaner over it or use a mild soap and water mix to clean. Some things I have read is the ink is water resistant. Basically how easy does the pigment ink come off?
Thanks again,
Lyle

wes70

The ink is water resistant, but it will smudge if you wipe it with window cleaner,etc. Regardless of either type of ink, you should laminate your prints for protection.