• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Usage Calculations

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
How is everyone calculating the amount of ink used for the printing..

ONYX ink usage must be way off. I did a test with to identical solid blocks of ink print. 12 by 12 solid black box and 24 by 24 . Using the built in calculator, it shows $1.03 for the 12 by 12 black solid box but changing the color of the 12 by 12 to red it changes the cost to $1.32 Printing the 24 by 24 black solid color box show a cost of $4.12, changing the color of the 24 by 24 to red it changes the cost to $5.22.

How can you price per square foot if ink cost change that much.

Not sure how ONYX is calculating the ink usage.

Any ideas on how to get a closer ink cost per sq foot.

Any help is appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't use Onyx enough to tell you exactly where it is but, there should be an ink calculation settings menu where you input info like your ink costs and size etc. That way it's tailored to your specific machine and ink. That should get you closer. The reason is varies so much is it's calculating based off of a bunch of settings like resolution and ink limits. So whatever color profile you're using might use more ink to achieve certain colors and less on others.

Last edited: