• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink usage in Roland and Mutoh

Felix Sepulveda

Hi, I own a fine art and photographic printing business in the Dominican Republic, I have aqueus printers (Epson and Canon) and for the next year I would like to add an eco-solvent machine to my shop (I've working on this for over a year). My choices are Roland and Mutoh since those brand are suppose to have the better support here. My question is: what is the average ink usage in mililiters per square feet in a photographic image with heavy ink usage, for both of these printers ? Here vendors say 1 ml, shop owners say close to 2 ml in Rolands and 1.5 in Mutoh.

Thanks,

Felix

S

Sign-Man Signs

Gee, that's a tuffie. I don't really know. We sort of use the "how many rolls" do we use method. We get about (2) 50 yard rolls to a set of cartridges. We do use more black than the others. Hope that helps. Oh, we have a Mutoh.

Felix, I don't mean to "nit pic" .....but are you kidding ??? When you do the math......costs ink & vinyl at approx $ 1.00 per sq/ft (depending on type of ink and type of media) and you should be reselling at $10.00 - $15.00 depending again on the situation.......does that small amount of ink matter?? now support.....yes very important, supplies....very important.....price of machine.....a factor.

Remember if this thing is broke and no one will come help fix it....or your supplier is out of ink, or media, now you have problems. If your market will support this machine, buy the one that addresses those issues, and start printing some money.

Just my .02......love my Roland versacamm.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

Felix Sepulveda

Thanks both,

Darrel you are right, the only thing is that here costs are higher and prices are lower.... and for high volume work, when your are bidding against "work of art" made in China is better to have the least "expensive" machine in all regards. Anyway in terms of the overall process you are right. Thanks again and I will love it to be a Roland Versacamm also.

Felix

Jackpine

With a printer and a separate cutter you will have a higher out put of work. At $1.00 sq ft cost it comes down to service. I was told ink cost for OEM inks are about $.40 sq ft. The material is never the high cost of production. It is labor and skill.

Felix Sepulveda

According to your answer I can assume the boyh Roland and Mutoh (Versacamms and Valuejets) have a similar ink usage per square feet, am I right ?

By the way I will be printing mostrly in canvas and any material that can be used in the decor business without a high level of reflectivity.