• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation help

Berferful

I printed, laminated and contour cut my logo(see below). The finished size is 70" across by 32" deep. How do I install it on my store front window? Does it need to be taped? I tried and failed once. I taped it and put it on dry. Bubbles galore

:banghead:
Help needed before I ruin another print

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I printed, laminated and contour cut my logo(see below). The finished size is 70" across by 32" deep. How do I install it on my store front window? Does it need to be taped? I tried and failed once. I taped it and put it on dry. Bubbles galore

:banghead:
Help needed before I ruin another print

Bubbles are solely the result of your application technique. You might try it wet but that's a poor substitute for proper application technique.

Mask the print and, assuming you're right handed, hinge it about 24"-30" from the right side. Flip the right side of the print over to the left on the hinge. Peel the backing off and cut it off at the hinge.

Now the trick. Put the backing you just removed back on the print and then pull up half of that backing on the edge nearest the hinge and roll, not fold, it back on itself. Hold onto the this with your non-squeegee hand. This will tend to hold your print rigid as you squeegee from the hinge to the rolled backing. When you get to that point you can either remove the backing or cut it off and roll it again. Depends on how floppy your print is.

Pull the hinge tape off and do the same thing with the left side of the print. Roll half the backing back on itself and squeegee to that point. Either cut off the backing at that point and roll again or just pull off the backing. Again it depends on just how floppy the print might be.

When you squeegee always start with your squeegee completely on the last pass. or completest on the hinge to start and end with half of the squeegee still on the last pass. Never squeegee unplowed ground. Let the squeegee put the print in contact with the substrate. Perfect this technique and wet applications will become a curiosity for you.