• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Omega 1.54 on WIndows XP

JoySigns

Lightening killed my computer that was dedicated to my Edge2 the other day. I had protection filters on all the electrical but it came through the ethernet connection that had only been set up a month before. Arg. Can I install Omega 1.54 ( with service pack 1.56) onto a new computer with XP? I don't use my Edge much but enough to still need it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think so. Have you tried to do so yet? Does your new computer have two LPT ports? You will need that for connecting your dongle and your Edge.

JoySigns

I haven't bought the replacement computer yet. We have a local computer guy that sells refurbished computers and we trust and so plan to go that way. I'm sure we have our choice of operating systems. Pretty sure I don't want VIsta.

JoySigns

If my dongle is a USB do I still need two LPT ports? So far I haven't successfully found the HASp driver (at ALaddin.com) that works to get the system to recognize the dongle.

GARY CULY

Joy, not to steer you from here .but theres a web site WWW.4EDGETALK.COM you may register ..there all edge heads there ..some very sharp men and women there .....Mr. Weiss [the owner of this place i guess he is] is sharp on edge and omega ..listen to his responses ....gino ,signasarus rex...all the elder bunch, pretty much answer the facts also

JoySigns

Thanks Gary I know about the 4edge forum I tried to start a thread there but the site did not seem to be working properly.(even though I am a registered member). Anyway I have loaded the hasp driver from Aladdin but still can't get it to recognize the dongle and so still can't load Omega. Anyone else have a suggestion?