• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Wood Grain Vinyl to Dash

Custom_Grafx

I didn't make this vid(youtube), but came across it earlier and thought I'd like to share.

A good reference.

Are there any other tips or tricks you would add to the procedure in the video?

Is the primer always necessary?

CheapVehicleWrap

Here's a few. NEVER have a full can of primer 94 inside a customers car for one! Di-noc requires primer. Consider it (in writing) a permanent installation taking into account the primer and permanent adhesive. Not to mentions how she exacto's right on the dash. But then again, the knife cuts will be covered up by the vinyl anyway.

MikePro

i was thinking that too! i thought it was bad enough when i tipped over my can of primer94 on my shop floor!

Desert_Signs

Here's a few. NEVER have a full can of primer 94 inside a customers car for one! Di-noc requires primer. Consider it (in writing) a permanent installation taking into account the primer and permanent adhesive. Not to mentions how she exacto's right on the dash. But then again, the knife cuts will be covered up by the vinyl anyway.

Man, I cringed and I think broke out in a sweat when I watched her set down on the uncovered carpet...
:omg:

Pat Whatley

What are you looking for here? Critiques of camera angles, lighting and acting quality? It's one of THOUSANDS of videos from a retail company trying to convince end users "how easy" it is for the end user to do professional work themselves.

Craig Sjoquist

I like the video cause there was no music, I could concentrate on what she was doing, also liked you could see what she was doing as well.
Although I might have measured more and cut out or pre cut more areas of vinyl, to make sure nothing got cut unwanted, but not sure if this is best way, or faster.

The next video was carbon fiber, good music, but arms in the way, didn't get much from it.