• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Invoicing

Alan Menhennet

Hi

Ive been doing my invoicing via excel that I convert to pdf up to now.
But recently I starting using an app on my cellphone to draft invoices for masks that ive been selling, mainly because i couldn't invoice quick enough using excel. So i really enjoy it since its so user friendly and takes away allot of manual work. Especially the fact that products with pricing can be saved to just select and add to the invoice.

So im thinking of switching my invoicing over to something like this, but i would need an invoicing system where i can edit the invoice column to have a quantity, length & width tables.
Then another column for unit price.

I have had a look at Wave and quickbooks but none of them seem to be able to do this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

unclebun

Quickbooks has quantity and unit price. If you need to be able to do the math, you do it right in the price box. It won't print the equation, but if you just need it to figure square feet, just do the math in the price box. If it's a 23.5"x36.75" and you need square feet, type this in the price box:
23.5*36.75/144=

bannertime

This is possible inside Zoho Books. I think it's also automatic based on the line items in the invoice. We recently moved away from Quickbooks. Zoho Books makes Quickbooks Online look like software that's still in beta. QBO was always glitching out, very limited in features, and stuck using their overpriced merchant services. Customers are much happier because they can pay and view all their invoices online through the customer portal. You can use your OWN email address for sending and tracking emails from within the software. Something QBO still hasn't managed to figure out. It's something I'm highly recommending. In fact our sister company is likely going to give up their QB desktop software for Zoho Books.

joshGN

This is possible inside Zoho Books. I think it's also automatic based on the line items in the invoice. We recently moved away from Quickbooks. Zoho Books makes Quickbooks Online look like software that's still in beta. QBO was always glitching out, very limited in features, and stuck using their overpriced merchant services. Customers are much happier because they can pay and view all their invoices online through the customer portal. You can use your OWN email address for sending and tracking emails from within the software. Something QBO still hasn't managed to figure out. It's something I'm highly recommending. In fact our sister company is likely going to give up their QB desktop software for Zoho Books.

I have 0 experience with QB...but Ive been using ZohoBooks for 5 years or so and I have had 0 issues...I would suggest it also

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I use estimate for pricing but transfer the invoices all to quickbooks. Every accountant uses QB and as unrefined as it can be, it is tough to beat if you set it up and use it right. Many small businesses ignore financials but it is really important to get it setup right at the beginning.

Alan Menhennet

Quickbooks has quantity and unit price. If you need to be able to do the math, you do it right in the price box. It won't print the equation, but if you just need it to figure square feet, just do the math in the price box. If it's a 23.5"x36.75" and you need square feet, type this in the price box:
23.5*36.75/144=

Thanks, but its not that i dont know or am struggling to work out the area... I am looking for something that takes away thats part where i can basically type in the Height and width as well as qty.

If i have to work it out seperately i can basically use any software

Alan Menhennet

A lot of people are going to suggest having a separate calculator spreadsheet or something, and I'd agree. If you're deadset on this, you'll need to look into various sign shop specific software like ShopVOX, Cyrius, Corebridge, EstiMATE, etc.

I would look into these other softwares thanks

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
So im thinking of switching my invoicing over to something like this, but i would need an invoicing system where i can edit the invoice column to have a quantity, length & width tables.
Then another column for unit price.
That is accessible using FileMaker database software. Download the trial from their website, open the supplied template named “Invoices." Add your fields and calculations. There is plenty of room on their existing layouts for such mods.