• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ioline Help

AKSigns

Hello
We are having some issues with our Ioline plotter. Its about 6 years old and its the shop workhorse. The calibration seams to be alright but any changes I make to the blade offset or the over cut doesn't seem to make a difference in the smaller cuts (ie small text). Does anyone have any tips?? We don't have time to have our machines down as you all know!

Thanks
AKS

Doyle

Don't totally understand the problem that you're having, but how's the rubber strip along the cut surface? This can cause many problems if it is worn out, and is a relatively inexpensive fix (only $10-$15 I think). What is the specific problem that you are having?

Does the offset make any difference at all? Also, have you looked at your blade under a loupe? We had the same issue once and it was due to a slightly chipped/broken blade, that was not visible under the naked eye, but beyond what the offset adjustment could cure.

AKSigns

Text like 3/8" helvetica has rounded corners or the start/finish cut dosn't match up. I don't know the proper terminology to make it clear!! I'll try to post a pic and you'll see what I mean.
I turned the rubber strip around but I do think it needs replacing. (thanks for the tip!)
AlleyKat

GregT

I'm having the same problem with mine. It's about a year older than yours and has been acting up for about 6 months. I replaced rollers and teflon strip and still have the problem. I feel for you.

alanrt1

Ioline cuts

You may need to replace the cutting strip on the cutting surface. If damaged it causes small cuts to go badly. If damaged bad enough even the large cuts will be a problem.
Alan