• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is 3 Layer Printing Possible on a NORTH AMERICAN Epson s80600L

Evh.ink

I need a straight answer. Is it possible? Please do not refer me to the "Printing with WH/MS, Matching Specific Colors (ONYX RIP)" PDF it's a European guide that states 3L may not be available in all countries. From what I've read on here and all the back lit and front lit ICC profiles I've downloaded it seems that 2-layer is the best that the Shaq infested company EPSON can offer to its US customers. ONYX says I need to take a 500-dollar class and Epson says to contact ONYX. If there is a profile out there, please link it or if I'm just missing something point it out to me. Sorry I'm just so fed up with the "in theory it should work" answers. THANKS.

unclebun

Theoretically it was possible with the S70670, which I had, but I was never successful in getting Onyx to make the printer do it. Contacting Epson and Onyx basically got me shrugged shoulders.

Evh.ink

Theoretically it was possible with the S70670, which I had, but I was never successful in getting Onyx to make the printer do it. Contacting Epson and Onyx basically got me shrugged shoulders.
Same, very frustrating Epson just demanded I tell them where my information came from and then told me they had no idea.

unclebun

you can program in a delay before you contour cut
is it not possible to delay between layers?
Yes, you can program any delay you like between layers in Onyx. The printer can do a white sublayer, wait, roll back and then print color.

The problem seems to be that you can't set Onyx up to print color-white-color or maybe the printer driver doesn't allow for it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Our Epson S70 series did it with Onyx. I used the European guide you listed for my "how to" as a basic guide to understand how to adjust the print settings in Onyx to make it work correctly as needed in each case.
I no longer have those machines and have only have S60 series now, so no longer use that feature but I can't imagine it was done away with.
I know we have a local partner that DOES print white on their S80 series with Onyx (in the USA) for us a couple times a year when we need it.
Maybe different versions of Onyx (thrive vs postershop, etc) may or may not have it?

Evh.ink

Our Epson S70 series did it with Onyx. I used the European guide you listed for my "how to" as a basic guide to understand how to adjust the print settings in Onyx to make it work correctly as needed in each case.
I no longer have those machines and have only have S60 series now, so no longer use that feature but I can't imagine it was done away with.
I know we have a local partner that DOES print white on their S80 series with Onyx (in the USA) for us a couple times a year when we need it.
Maybe different versions of Onyx (thrive vs postershop, etc) may or may not have it?
That is reassuring. The problem I'm running into is I've read the PDF but cannot find an icc profile with the 3-layer option and if I'm being honest I haven't the knowledge or time to set up an entirely custom profile (plus what if it is no longer possible). I'm open to trying but my manager would kill me if I spent a day setting up a profile just to discover a 3 layer overflood is not possible.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I am pretty sure we used onne of our standard profiles here, but had to do the extra steps listed in the pdf. We used 3M profiles as our base profiles when we built ours.